Question about toy images

EvilestFool

I have been following the TX build(s) and it has been really exciting. However, I have tried looking for more references than just the Hasbro speeder bike toy. If this has been the main drive for the reference than do some of the other Hasbro toys hold meaning too? Walking through meijer today I found an alternate Finn heavy. As well as Tie Pilot jet pack? Any thoughts? ee6edad43fa38b175b9c3cc84abbda2b.jpg

7fbfaa5bd69feb3ffc1919825c06b18e.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Well since the TX didn't have any screen time, or we don't see the suit at all, the toy is the only reference we have. But with the Stormtrooper and the Tie Pilot we have much better quality images to base armor off. We must remember that toys are just that, toys. Not everything is going to be accurate. Like Finn having that 'Armor Up' thingmabob. Adds playability for kids.

The Tie Jet Pack I have not seen until now. Since this is the only (maybe) reference we have, you could use this to build your own. :)

Edited by T K
  • Like 1

The pictures I put up I've actually had saved for a while now. I noticed the TX was now approved and has its own CRL page. Knowing it was built from a toy reference made me think of these other ones. Those needing to be build while the TX was just a paint job. That stormtrooper thing you posted though... I'm glad standards exist.

The pictures I put up I've actually had saved for a while now. I noticed the TX was now approved and has its own CRL page. Knowing it was built from a toy reference made me think of these other ones. Those needing to be build while the TX was just a paint job. That stormtrooper thing you posted though... I'm glad standards exist.

LOL Right? To be fair, that's the Kenner Stormtrooper from the 70s. Toys have gotten a lot better now, for the most part. The 6" "Black Series" trooper is pretty darned good, actually. Sadly, the 4" Black Series is kinda wonky. Better than the Kenner toy, sure, but the helmet is BAD.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1