Alaskan Legacy Storm Trooper Build

Boy I hope I'm posting this in the right place. And I put an unnecessary space between 'storm' and 'trooper', off to a great start.
Anyhow! My boxes from KWDesigns arrived last week (Thanks!) and everything looks awesome! 

4hNYEBK.jpg

H1eUoOq.jpg

I have read SO much on here and have taken tons of notes. After a morning of shopping for supplies I got down to business!

iKNnHUd.jpg

So far all I've carved out and sanded is the Hand Plates. I used the E6000 to glue velcro in them, and the other side of the velcro to the gloves. They're all setting right now with clamps holding them in place. I'm sure I'm going overkill on them but I want to do this right. Maximum effort! 

Edited by sorceresssupreme
  • Like 1

Depending on where you are in AK you could ask some of the members from the outpost there to help if you need it  :) myself included

http://akoutpost.hoop.la/

thanks! Shoot me a message. I've met up with a few people from the 501st up here and they're all immensely helpful. I'll take all the help I can get! 

So the overkill gloves are done! That velcro isn't coming off in this life time. 

uQC4zALl.jpg

RIP my kitchen table. 

After two days of getting ready to carve, getting anxious, and doing something else, I finally decided to go for it. I trimmed out the eyes and the 8 teeth (per the CRL). So tedious! But I actually liked it more than the bigger cuts. 

5eLv2uVl.jpg

Some of the local 501st members gave me a lot of advice yesterday and I'm feeling much more confident now. This is my first build ever, so I'm going slow and steady. 

• Like 1

looking good so far! Can wait to see it come together!

Thanks! It's slow going because I'm constantly second guessing myself.

I put my helmet together to prove to myself I could. It's still missing a lot but seeing it together made it so real! 

gIJQypBl.jpg

Also, if anyone has any good tutorials on helmet building (lenses, etc) please pass them my way. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

RitElJkl.jpg

SO. MUCH. TRIMMING.

Alas I am nearly done with the trimming, and a local armor party is around the corner and I'm hoping I'll be able to get some help with fitting and the such there. I also picked up some clearance black under armor at Sports Authority. 

We're having our warmest summer on record right now so I'm having a hard time legitimizing staying inside to work on this. I want it to be done, but sun light. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have some explaining to do. A few days after my last update my dog died. It was sudden and violent, and I was alone when it happened. Grief really knocks you on your a$$. I didn't touch my kit for months. 

The good news is I had my first troop last week and it was a blast! I also got approved! You're looking at TK-72410. Thank you to everyone in the 
Aurora Borealis Outpost for all the help and encouragement, and my hubby. 

Good lookin' group if I do say so myself!

r5iF61n.jpg

• Like 5

First, buckets off for the puppy... I lost one this past spring... I hope you decide on another... I am a sucker with three >.< anyway great build! I gotta ask where did you find the shoes? Just got Kevin's kit for the wife for Christmas and can't seem to find the right ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, buckets off for the puppy... I lost one this past spring... I hope you decide on another... I am a sucker with three >.< anyway great build! I gotta ask where did you find the shoes? Just got Kevin's kit for the wife for Christmas and can't seem to find the right ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent you a message with the info on the boots, short answer is here and here