Upgrading the ANOVOS FO TK lid lenses

Silverface

I recently ( shamefully :P ) impulse bought an Anovos FO TK, standard line lid from a local comic shop. I'm relatively happy with it, although there are a handful of gaps around some seams that I need to fill and the build quality seems a bit too low for the price. But the lenses are a problem, viewing forward is blurry and gives me a headache after about half an hour. I can't quite figure out how to pop the lens out of the helmet without taking the entire lid apart though.

Any advice? Both on replacement lenses and sorting out the whole removal process without demolishing a somewhat overpriced purchase?

• Like 1

Well not sure this will help you but I have both buckets and I found the Novus 2 polish really made a difference in the visibility of my lens. About 20 minutes of deep polishing cleaned up some pretty bad distortion. Wasn't perfect but at least now I can troop without getting dizzy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you're still in the market for a lens upgrade look- up VaderPainter Studios on Facebook. He's doing acrylic lenses that look awesome and, even better, you can see out of!

If you're still in the market for a lens upgrade look- up VaderPainter Studios on Facebook. He's doing acrylic lenses that look awesome and, even better, you can see out of!

I can second that suggestion from Darren.  The replacement lenses are incredibly clear but need to be cut to fit in the helmet.  My lenses were very easy to remove.