What plastic to buy for armour

I like using 0.093" ABS for armor. I also am experimenting using it for helmets, but it is no easy task for a beginner. I may have to go to 0.080" ABS or use 0.080" HIPS for helmets to get the proper details. I have used up to 0.125" ABS for chest plates since there is very little detail.

Thanks for the info. No pics yet, I am barely even getting started. It is very hard to source supplies where I live. So I wanted to get as much info as I could first and get some ABS to practise with and order the right stuff to begin with, and yes I will be attempting to vac-form it.

Thanks again for the help

.80 is the thickness you want.

Normally its A.B.S or you could use H.I.P.S

Are you vac-forming this~?

Any pictures of progress??

cheers

Where can you buy sheets of white ABS that may match an FX kit? I was looking to seal up my side gap. I was going to use my ABS belt when I switch to canvas, but one big sheet would be much better. Please let me know.

There's no guarantee an "after market" product will match. I can rarely find smooth on smooth ABS plastics and they cost about twice as much. I would have to say ABS colors from supplier to supplier have very little variation in color though. I go through my local glazing contractor to order sheet goods. I can usually get away without any shipping charges that way.