Finger PTT Button

Hey guys!

I just ordered my iComm and an Amp. Looks like my amp is coming with a headset mic, that I already have, although I'm going to try and rewire my throat mic to exclude the earpiece. (The throat mic doesn't work in a mic only port with the headset part; Long story.) However, I want to look at PTT button options and can't seem to find any good ones. I like the finger button idea but it's almost impossible to find a good source for those.

Does anyone know of a good button and where to get it? I'm in Canada and want to stay away from US sources as much as possible, unless the price is right.

Thanks!

-Justin

One comes with the Icomm. At least when I bought mine it did. Tried it. Didn't like it. The Mic does fine without it.

Did you order the amp with the iComm or just the iComm system? If it comes with one great!

My issue with voice activation is one that was brought to my attention by a fellow trooper, and also something I've thought about myself. I don't want EVERYTHING I say broadcasted over my amp if that makes sense? Of course I can and will deal with it if need be I just wouldn't want to get caught by bystanders talking about my strap that just came loose and needs to be fixed. Lol. Nothing will take away from character more than that haha.

I've also heard that the voice activation can be quite sensitive too and random static clicks/bursts will play from accidental activation. How do you find it?

It's probably not a big deal anyways, maybe I'm just overreacting lol. I do only have one troop in since my approval last weekend.

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

I'm in agreeance with everyone here. I have the Aker speaker and iComm as well that came with the PTT extension; and it's not great. The old adage; if you don't have anything nice to say.... So don't overthink it, install the iComm and microphone and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk