Are these ears OK? First time build...

DrDataCenter

Hey all, trying to adjust and 'trick out' my Anovos TK bucket. After disassembling and refitting, there's a noticeable gap on both ears (granted, it is much better than when it arrived), and I'm a bit worried about acceptability.

On the R ear, there's a largish gap where the ear meets the brow, as well as at the lower ear:

B8EZRGC.jpg?1

Not as bad on the L ear, but the lower still needs help:

XXqFRG2.jpg?1

Any advice on how to make them fit a bit better, or is this OK?

For the eyes, how far down can I cut the flashing? Trying to open things up as much as possible there.

Next step is cheesecloth/plastidip the interior, then hockey mask screws plus refitted lenses. Still trying to decide on fans...any recos?

I really appreciate the advice!

I think the ears look perfectly fine as they are. Gaps are screen accurate and even required for Centurion level approval. Plus to close those gaps you'd have to trim elsewhere and you'd risk trimming the ears too thin (I've been done that!).

Regarding the eye trim, check the ANOVOS helmet rebuild thread by gazmosis. Anything you see that he did that you replicate will be "on point". Just trimming that one or two mm of flashing away should be fine. Some screen-used helmets do have some of the flashing intact so make sure you're not wanting to replicate that look. Also you might not want to trim too much from the lower half of the eye sockets. The lower corners of the eyes slant and stick out more on the ANOVOS helmet. Trimming too much there might cause the lenses not to sit flush or slant a bit too much.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

And a nice job Nagedzi replicating that particular bucket. I agree the welded on look just doesn't look right. OT stormtroopers are simply too busy shooting and missing to worry about whether their ears are on straight! Kidding aside some do prefer a very clean precise look and no gaps which is fine for basic and infantryman approval.

DrDataCenter the way the right ear flares out is often done intentionally on helmets made by RS propmasters. Rotating the top of the ear outward like that allows the bottom half of the ear to fit well and not be too thick.

ANOVOS did a decent job on trimming the ears though I usually prefer the bottom of the ear to be above the S-Trim. But the ANOVOS S-Trim is so meaty I suppose it makes sense. Plus it covers up some of the ear flaring and assembly slop (present on mine at least). But it was good enough for me and I just left it alone. But I did repaint the frown trimmed up the eyes and raised the brow on mine.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk