Wiring Question

Hey guys!

I have a wiring dilemma. I'm no expert on this stuff so please be kind to my ignorance.

I've tried to do as much research as my brain can handle and I THINK I've found the right way to do this. I just thought I'd check first before I destroy my fans or short out something.

I drew up this silly stupid diagram so kind of explain what I think needs to be done.

------------

This diagram has the batteries in parallel to use them longer overall. But I thought, wouldn't that just reduce the total power of running two fans? PS: All 4 red wires are soldered together where they cross at the bottom.

Okay. So in a nutshell I want to run two 9v batteries to a rocker switch to two 12v fans. The purpose will be to do this twice to have two sets of fans that I can toggle to run 2 or 4.

What's the best way to do this to get a good balance between battery life and enough power to keep my lenses defogged.

Thanks in advance!

-Justin

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

For starters I would drop down to 5v fans, there CFM air flow isn't much different than the 12v. Second, using a power bank ex lipstick phone charger use the USB 5v port as your single power source. You'll have to do a little wiring but it's not difficult.

BTW a typical 3500mah lipstick charger will power two 5v fans 1-1/2" to 2hrs. The larger the bank to longer the run time ;)   

• Like 1

For starters I would drop down to 5v fans, there CFM air flow isn't much different than the 12v. Second, using a power bank ex lipstick phone charger use the USB 5v port as your single power source. You'll have to do a little wiring but it's not difficult.

BTW a typical 3500mah lipstick charger will power two 5v fans 1-1/2" to 2hrs. The larger the bank to longer the run time ;)

Yeah I plan on grabbing some later on. This is just a temp solution to get me by this weekend. :)