Anovos ANH Build

Hey everyone, I want say first that it's great to be part of all this and that I am excited for the my new adventure. I received my Anovos kit and wanted to ask what would be the easiest pieces to start trimming and sizing? Of course I will be waiting until the undersuit arrives but for now I can just get as much info from everyone as possible. I'm a visual person so I was wondering if anyone has pics posted of how close the armor should be to your body? Or show trimming suggestions. I thought the forearms or thighs would be a good start but I thought I would ask some expert Troopers! Thanks for any advice 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Bobby.

I'd personally suggest beginning with the biceps.  They're basically just straight cuts, and can allow you to get a feel for the plastic as you cut it.  

Also, be sure to have a look at other ANH Stunt builds, both ANOVOS and otherwise, to see how others have gotten through their build process.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the info, I will start there once the under suit comes. I started trimming the excess plastic and didn't want to get to close since I'm not a big guy, about 5'9" 170 lbs but my legs are a little short for a stormtrooper  :smiley-sw013: so I know some trimming will be mostly there

• 3 weeks later...

IMO, start with the hand plates.  They're small, and they're the cheapest and easiest to replace if you REALLY screw up, and but they're still straight line cuts that can give you a good feel for score and snap.

And frankly, you're more than likely going to end up cutting off more than the Anovos cut lines provide for, so there's plenty of room for error.