Jacen66's first TK ( Another Anovos)

jacen66

I am one of hundreds trying his hand at this Anovos build. I have been in the Rebel Legion for over 11 years with four costumes. I hope to join the 501st with this and my plan is to go for centurion.

First lets see if I can add pictures, If so the WIP will start.

24647489001_2a08ee854e.jpgIMG_4152

Everyone needs a helper.

So as everyone knows the belt will not work. I was checking out what Dboz did with his by taking his apart. Unfortunately my belt had a butt load of glue on it and I ripped all three out. Now I'm not sure if I can still use this or if I will need to order a new ammo part of the belt.

24731886296_0d93017f7b_n.jpg

Ok one messed up it will be ok?

24640278462_26fd9bf3bc_n.jpg

Well crap, now what?

Use some of your trimmings and scraps and get yourself a jar with lid and put some fine shaving in there and top it off with some acetone you can get at walmart. Let it sit overnight. On the front size of the belt lay some flat sheets of painters tape then flip the belt over. Use a paint stick or craft stick and mix your newly made ABS paste and then brush it on the holes of your belt. Try to brush it as smoothly as possible in a few layers worth. Let it sit overnight. The next day you should be able to peel off the painters tape and have repaired your belt. You'll have to go back and hand sand it smooth with numerous levels of grit sandpaper, followed by some wet sanding and then polish.  

Edited by Airborne Trooper

Maybe you can glue some ABS on the back of the ammo belt so you can drill new holes for the rivets. Then remove the old rivets from the caps and glue them back on. They seem larger then the holes you created so maybe they will cover up the damage. It looks like there are some more scratches. I'm not sure I'm taking this route when my kit arrives.<br><br>

Edit: or what Airborne Trooper says

Edited by ScaryGuy

Working on thermal detonator. You will need to taper the the ends of the grey tube to get the caps on. I hand sanded the caps to make sure they were symmetrical. Be very careful you don't go to far like I almost did. I was using 180 grit and it went really fast.

10d4d2618478d40dd97bb770045eca3d.jpg

Tapering

231eadcc9a14d6bfbbd3041f3f7df9ea.jpg

Almost went to far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk