Skul's ANH Stunt Build (ATA)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my armor party has come and gone - and with it, my bucket is complete!

XPLpjCBm.jpg

JsRIoPmm.jpg

Mostly.

The last thing for me to wrap up is the lenses. While I was at my armor party, someone had a very unique idea. They cut their lenses down to the correct size, then bent the tops of them 90 degrees, so they sat on top of the inside eye holes. Then they used velcro to stick them together. This is a great way to keep the lenses in place, while still making it very easy to go back later and clean/adjust them if necessary.

I decided to use this approach in making my lenses. I spent a good 2 hours shaping the lens, heating it up with a blow drier because I was paranoid about snapping it, then shaping the top correctly to sit on top of the eye. But one is done, and as soon as the other is done, this bucket is 100% done!

eNiHCDhm.jpg

uKjsIR4m.jpg

cKzNgvYm.jpg

stba5wem.jpg

And with that, this will conclude this build thread. I have a separate thread for my RS kit, but frankly, I made so much progress on that at the armor party that there's not much left except some riveting (which will have to wait) and strapping. Once those small things are done, I'll be all set to join the 501st!

ws5Fo8Fm.jpg