RS ANH TK Helmet Hovi tip modification possible?

HI all,

I recently got a ANH TK lid from RS and was thinking of modifiying the supplied hovi tips from the helmet so they could fit a 20mm mylar speaker. I found this: 

https://www.kitronik.co.uk/3318-3w-8-ohm-20mm-subminiature-high-power-speaker.html

Would this be suitable?

Below are the hovi tips from the helmet, front and back. As you can see it would require me to remove the interior of the hovi tip in order to accommodate the speaker. Has anyone attempted this before? Are hovi tips worth this kind of hassle?

Appreciate any comments you folks can throw forward.

WEu7xa1.jpg?1

3vg5cdY.jpg?1

Hey, sure it's possible but personally I wouldn't bother.<br><br>

Even if you get it all fitted which would be pretty straightforward, firstly you'd have a major battle with feedback which could be a consistent temperamental problem that'll just be a load of hassle.<br><br>

The other issue is they're not very loud.<br><br>

Personally I'd recommend the speaker under the chest armour solution (facing out). I personally use a go pro camera chest mount modified to fit my speaker setup.

Never personally had any problems with the Hovi system I sell. Yes they are not as loud as the chest mounted type being the speakers are much smaller but I have plenty of satisfied customers. If you're interested just follow the Hovi sales thread li k in my signature below.

• Like 1