Suggestions far starting at an early age.

Let me introduce myself. Hello! My name is Karsten, and I am fourteen years old. Ever since I was young(er), there were three things I loved more than anything: Star Wars, dressing up in costumes, and helping others. Even my character from an online game I would play would always be dressed in clone armor I designed myself!

f7ed8b4793096540059046b0bffc2a9b.jpg

So as you can imagine, I instantly connected with the mission of the 501st. Also, I am aware you cannot join until you are eighteen, but I wouldn't mind getting prepared. Perhaps I could have my armor centurion level on my first application! Moving on, here were a few things I wanted to ask you guys your opinions on:

1) Being fourteen, I am not fully grown yet. Should I wait until I'm older to start making my armor? Of course, if I bought it now, I wouldn't start making adjustments to fit it perfectly until I'm done growing. I would only trim the pieces, paint them, gather pieces, etc.

2) If I start this project, there is no garrison nearby me to help. The nearest garrison is an 18 hour car drive away, or a 40 minute plane ride! (Also, they probably only speak Spanish, which I am only half-fluent in) Do you think I should wait until I'm back in the United States and near a garrison? (Probably four more years.)

3) After much consideration, I have decided I like the ANH stunt armor the best. However, being fourteen and having low income, I would rather not have to dish out $1000+ on armor. I am willing to work with untrimmed, unpainted pieces if it means keeping the price down. Do you think the ATA Stunt uniform is a good choice? (I am aware good armor is usually $500+ and am prepared to pay that much.)

Anyway, thank you for any help you can give. Sorry if there are any formatting issues or grammatical errors, I wrote this all on my phone.

Hey there Karsten,

I don't think there is anything wrong with starting to collect the pieces at an early age. I think I would wait if I were you until you stop growing before assembling your armor.  As for the cost, it is a VERY expensive hobby, however I think you may have an advantage over those of us that got into it at a later age. Since you have 4 years until you can officially join, you could do a budget over that time and put a few dollars away each month so that when you do turn 18 you can purchase it right away. Or once you have enough saved you can buy it and have it wait. Most of us have had to budget like that to save up for the armor and all of the accessories. From my experience and I'm sure others could chime in as well, is that with this hobby patience and taking your time is a very good idea.  

Just my thoughts on the matter, hope it helps.

Spencer.

Hello and welcome aboard, you could for now join the Galactic Academy, they look after interested fans before they turn 18