Doopy Doo's Rear Sight Error?

cjdesign

I managed to get a hold of a DD's kit. Has anybody noticed the rear sight on the doopy's kit is facing the wrong way? The striations on the sight should be facing the rear of the blaster, per my real sterling and unfortunately so is the sight/hole that is used to secure the scope rail screw. I can simply rotate 180 but the striations will be facing forward. I've seen some build that do this as a fix?

Edited by cjdesign

I would't say it's an error. It was just cast with the sight flipped the other way. Not all rails were fixed to the sight so they probably haven't really thought about it before casting. TBH, I can't remember if I did it, or saw it elsewhere, but you could just build up the front section with green stuff or similar (assuming you want to screw 'down' into the sight to affix the rail).

Is this a personal preference?

More or less, yes. There are some out there where the rail ends in the front half of the sight, and others where they "pop-up" window of the sight is removed and the rail ends in the back half of the sight aperture.

Is this a personal preference?

Personal to the original props, or personal to current builders like us? There are screen shots of blasters with different rails. Can't remember who posted them and where. The type that comes to mind is the double 90deg bend that gets fixed into the receiver. An earlier common method of fixing was to screw through the vertical section of the sight so it didn't matter which way it was flipped. I'll see if I can find some images, but gotta head off soon...

Doh! ... Should have checked that mediocre reference of ours. We do cover the 3 main options here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/page-2#entry414706

• Like 1