Trimming for a shorty

Moostang

Before I start chopping even more I wanted to get some advice on where to trim this armor. Just to warn you, I am a female about 5'3" and 125ish lbs.

Build: ANH Stunt

Armor :AM2  I know! Not built for smaller people but the price and timing was right, I know I am in for a lot of chopping and heating.

I have already taken about an inch off the top of the cod piece to shorten the torso and the same off the top of the kidney, but I have a feeling I need to take a lot more to get that back plate to line up (so much overlap now).  I was thinking I may need to take about 1-1.5 inches off the bottom of the chest but I am not sure if I should also take the same off both the bottom of the back and top of the kidney.  My concern is what that is going to do with side alignment.

I feel like a giant egg right now wearing this.

post-25831-0-40236100-1448733245_thumb.jpg

post-25831-0-67027400-1448733246_thumb.jpg

post-25831-0-53846600-1448733247_thumb.jpg

post-25831-0-55055800-1448733248_thumb.jpg

Hmm, looking at the pictures more, maybe I should just take an inch off the bottom of the chest and back, take an inch off the the rest off the top of the ab, then take whatever is left off the top of the kidney plate so the top of that aligns with the top of the ab.  Does that sound like it would work.

My other thought is maybe I should take some off the sides and then heat it and bend it in since I have a lot of room on the sides.  Might make me look a little more proportional.  I guess I should do that first before trimming the vertical.

• 1 month later...

Have you checked out how-to thread on modifying armor for smaller size?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18243-howto-modifying-armor-for-women/

and also Pandatrooper's AM build. AM TKs are way too big so pretty much everyone shorter than 6' would need to trim them to fit fine.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/10434-pandatroopers-am-build-threadam/

They should give you some ideas on where to trim down for the better fitting.

I agree with Panda. There are troopers out there in the opposite situation of yours who NEED a larger chest & back piece. If you can wait awhile I'd seek a smaller chest & back piece. Chopping off from the bottom only fixes a portion of the problem. The orientation of the chest details will still be off, the pectoral definition will be down around your naval  :huh:

Thanks for the additional feedback, I actually did a lot more trimming (see this thread <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34275-opinions-on-additional-trimming)'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34275-opinions-on-additional-trimming)</a>but I finished since I have been traveling for work, I'll have to post more pics. With the mass amount of trimming I did it does look a lot better, but of course that means I probably trimmed so no one else would want to trade for it at this point. Once I catch up on some of Penny Bark-Bark's projects (new TK and Captain Phasma helmets) I'll post updated pics to see what additional trimming I can do to finish it off. <br><br>

Thanks again, I do appreciate the feedback.<br><br>

Okay something is going goofy with the posting with HTML codes.. so excuse my post looking funny, editing it not helping

Edited by Moostang