Amplifier Mounting

I looked over the forums and had trouble finding an answer, If there is one I missed please direct me there.

What is the best way found to mount the sound amplifier in one's armor and where? The breast plate? The back plate?

I am concerned mounting the amp facing my body the sound will be muffled. If mounted in the back the sound will be projected backwards and difficult for people you are facing to hear.

Also, what methods have you used to mount it. Velcro or straps?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by ProjectFirestart

Mine is mounted inside of my chestplate, with the speaker facing outward. From normal speaking distance (3 - 6 feet), you cannot tell that my amplified voice is coming from my chest versus my helmet.

I use the strap my Aker amp came with to hang around my neck. It's shortened so that it sits between chest and ab plates. Sometimes it gets hooked under the return edge of the ab plate, but it's not too bad, and doesn't move around much at all.

I have mine mounted by a homemade left-over-abs bracket and some velcro. The unit faces out and clips on easily for ease of charging and cleaning. I covered my homemade bracket with some black strapping so it all disappears when wearing. Peekers see nothing.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...