Gino V2 "Bumpy" Finished...

tubachris85x

Probably have seen many of these floating around here, but wanted to show it off. I actually finished this a few weeks ago. I had gotten this kit 2nd hand from the legion boards, with about 95% of the trimming completed (which helped). I spent a good amount of time researching the original helmets, as this was first time ever putting one together. I was lucky enough to track down the humbrol paints locally as well. I will say I'm terrible with the hand painting stuff. I think I'll stick to making stencils the next time I put one together  It's all hand-brushed painted with the exception of the tube stripes. I wasn't even going to attempt those myself on the first attempt!

Last thing is that the areators are from Keith, which are quite nice.

I may also try to get the foam and chin-straps from RS props though, as after seein their in person, getting to try it on this helmet, it's a bit thinner and more acccurate in "yellow" as wella as the chin-straps being a bit more substantial than the trooperbay set I got right now.

A few locals who have handled Gino helmets in the past have mentioned their concern with the helmet's strength due to the use of thinner plastic (it never bothered me) but as such, I'll mention that the method of attaching the lens material inccreased the helmet's strength and "heft" substantially compared to how it felt prior.

GOKYIhE.jpg

H7H8AKt.jpg

gZKXwUx.jpg

uO5M5aw.jpg

pHbG1F5.jpg

Up84KJ0.jpg

Thanks

-TC

Edited by tubachris85x

Thanks!

Yea there are few small inaccuracies I can point out. The brow trim I feel is a little too tall, but I didn't have anythig else to work with and I didn't feel comfortable trying to trim it myself without proper tools to achieve a clean, even cut. To add, the brow sits flush with the top of the eyes--that was purely my own preference.

Unfortunately I may have to end up selling this for financial reasons :'(