Silly question about TK helmet teeth

I have yet to purchase my TK ANH Stunt armour and helmet, as I am still in the research phase, but I was wondering whether there needs to be something placed behind the frown/teeth area as all images I've seen of people wearing the TK helmet show darkness where the teeth have been cut out and not the wearer's skin.

In other words, how is it you don't see the wearer behind the cut-out teeth? Is it that dark inside the helmet?

Not a silly question!

Most of us glue some screen (window/door screening) behind the frown/teeth. It makes it harder to see the trooper underneath. Some of us also paint the inside of the helmet black to reduce the amount of relected light in there too.

Edited by 68Brick

Not a silly question!

Most of us glue some screen (window/door screening) behind the frown/teeth. It makes it harder to see the trooper underneath. Some of us also paint the inside of the helmet black to reduce the amount of relected light in there too.

That makes a lot of sense, but why isn't any of this mentioned or suggested in the CRL for the TK helmet?

Another good question. Simply because it is not a requirement. The mouth screen was started by members of the 501st for reasons mentioned above. The helmets in the films never used mouth screen. It is cool looking, but no required.

Another option is to simply wear a black balaclava under your helmet. This way you can hide your skin without having to change anything on the helmet itself. Of course this can also be combined with the above stated options.