Custom E-11 Carrying Case

While I await the arrival of my armor, I wanted to work on a little side project for my blaster. I was watching Tested on YouTube with Adam Savage one day. In the episode I saw, he was working on a custom display case for his Blade Runner blaster. He wanted to design it to look like something you would take to the firing range. Since I plan on trooping one day, that made something come to mind. Why don't I do something similar? So I decided to make my own E-11 carrying case, something that looked cool and would keep my blaster safe during travel. After numerous measurements, sketches, and planning I came up with this...

IMG_0356_zpsc0xiasza.jpg IMG_0357_zpsxj7zopai.jpg

It started off as a big sheet of 1/4" plywood and has worked its way to something awesome. I still need to apply finish but other than that it is fully assembled and ready to go. The blaster is seated within "pluck & pull" foam so it can't move around. To ensure it stays seated, I laid a piece of egg crate foam in the lid. Once I apply the finish, I'm hoping to make some decals on a vinyl cutter including the Imperial logo and some warning labels in Aurebesh.

IMG_0358_zpsind07efm.jpg

As I keep working this I will update you guys here. Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

Great custom work on your case! I like how you have the magazine packed separately. I am sure it is to reduce the width of the case but it looks like your are packed and ready for combat!