Looking for some help from anyone with experience in or around the Charlotte, NC area

Hey all. I have my Trooper Gear kit and have been looking at the brown box for many many months now. Had some personal things going on in life that needed my attention more than my armor. I have started on my EBS build with the bucket first. Still not finished, but would like to move on to the armor, but I'm staring at everything and have no idea where to start or fit it properly. I'm a nascar fabricator by trade and should be able to handle this, but I'm wanting to join the 501st and don't want to mess anything up. I've heard of armor parties and was wondering if anyone is having one anytime soon in my area? Appreciate any and all help!

Hi Shawn!  You can always check out the some of the ESB build threads,http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/82-esb-build-threads/, which should give you a good heads-up.  I personally started with the biceps, then forearms, to give me some confidence.  One of the keys is to take off a little at a time, and like they say, "measure twice, cut once".  There are also some nice videos here:http://trooperbay.com/videos/#

You should also consider starting a build thread... this way you can post photos of your progress, (we love photos), ask questions, and keep everything organized and easy to reference.

Also, have you joined the Carolina Garrison yet?  There may be some members in your area that would be more than happy to help you out in person,http://www.carolinagarrison.net/.

Hope this helps, and best of luck on your build!

Edited by justjoseph63

I hear you Shawn!  My BBB sat there for 6 months before I completely unpacked it.  It was VERY intimidating.  The good news is, I was wrong to be worried.  Once you take the parts out, pick an area (Joseph's suggestion of biceps is good), do your research and just start, you'll see how quick the momentum sets in.  

Armour parties are also a great ice breaker.  When I found there were none planned in my area, I decided to hold one myself.  As Joseph says, get in touch with your local garrison, ask them if there will be any parties, and if you can swing it, throw one yourself!  If you need to limit the number of attendees due to space, I'm sure it will be respected.  Nothing like having a look at completed armour to get you motivated.  Plus you get to meet the fine folk of the 501st!

Good luck and have fun!  Don't forget, we're a mouse click away if you ever have any questions!