Anyone done a TD as their 1st build?

Hi all -final stages of my research &amp; prep to buy a TK kit...but now I get to thinking! My ultimate goal is to have a TD for trooping, and was assuming I'd "dirty up" my TK after a while to do that. However, now wondering if I should just go all out and make my first kit into a TD. Or is that likely too much to take on for a first build with no experience (and given my eagerness to "get trooping")?!<br><br>

Thoughts and input appreciated! Other than the paulderon, ammo pouch, cheesegrater (?) hands, anything else needed for an entry level TD (I've been looking at MEPD too).

Edited by Millar007

You can't build a TK first and use it as a TK, the parts are different.<br><br>

Helmet paint details are different.<br>

Shoulder armor on a TK, TD has visible white canvas straps<br>

Ab details are different (different button configurations)<br>

Sniper knee plate is different<br><br>

Best to just pick one and pursue it.

I agree with Terry's verdict.  You need to pick one and go for it due to the minor differences in the ab section, helmet paint details, sniper plate, etc.  It also matters when you buy the other accessories as a TK needs a holster where a TD doesn't and a TD needs a pauldron and pouchs and a TK doesn't. 

I'm on my first build and went straight to a TD because I love the look.  The differences between the two are small but important during the construction phase.  Most of the work will end up being the same.

Thanks guys. Do most of the usual armor sellers sell TD kits, or are there separate vendors? <br>

I understand the logic on needing to do one or the other...but for arguments sake, are those differing items available to buy individually/as a conversion kit (ie new ab plate, new sniper/shin armor, shoulder straps?)

• 3 months later...

What they said! 

I believe the only relatively easy interchangeable costumes are the TK and HWT-TK.  I know some that are HWT and use weathering that is light enough to be removable when they need a TK. Yes, it is work, but it can be done.  Like the others said, TD pieces are too different from each other.

When I was researching vendors, they all offered choices of TK or TD, like Paul mentioned.  Most also offer TK's in all white, black or red plastic, so you can pick your own flavor.

Good Luck Jefferson.  Be sure to stat a build thread when you begin you journey into the World of White!