Question about AP cover strips.

Kal

So I've just started my AP build and noticed that the plastic I have to use as cover strips is much too wide. Probably around 4-5cm.

Just wondering what the appropriate size of them should be and how I am suppose to cut these things? All the build threads I seem to be looking at either don't have this problem or skip this step.

They come like that so that you can cut them yourself.  The way I did it was to use a long (36) inch metal ruler, clamped down firmly on the line you need to cut.  Then, using a SHARP razor knife, cut along the line using the ruler as a guide for the blade.  Take your time when doing this, and slowly make several shallow cuts rather than one deep one.  You can then carefully snap them at the cut line.

The approximate sizes for cover strips are:

Forearms- 15 mm

Biceps- 15mm

Thighs (front)- 20 mm

Thighs (back)- 20 to 25 mm

Shins (front)- 20 mm

Shins (back) 25 mm

Hope this helps!

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

They come like that so that you can cut them yourself.  The way I did it was to use a long (36) inch metal ruler, clamped down firmly on the line you need to cut.  Then, using a SHARP razor knife, cut along the line using the ruler as a guide for the blade.  Take your time when doing this, and slowly make several shallow cuts rather than one deep one.  You can then carefully snap them at the cut line.

The approximate sizes for cover strips are:

Forearms- 15 mm

Biceps- 15mm

Thighs (front)- 20 mm

Thighs (back)- 20 to 25 mm

Shins (front)- 20 mm

Shins (back) 25 mm

Hope this helps!

Thanks man, really appreciate it!