Disney TK (Not Rebels TK)

I'm in Disney World for a little while, and while SW weekends have been over for months they do have stormtroopers who come out during the Jedi training academy event. I've gotten to look at these troopers a few times now, but never from less than twenty feet away or so. I'm not sure why, but I'm very interested in Disney's armor. Does anyone know of any materials I could check out about the armor used in Disney Parks? Anyone from the Florida Garrison or something like that who's spoken to one of the Disney TKs? I've noticed some really interesting differences between their armor and 501st armor, but that still leaves me in the dark in regard to their production process. Do they have their own molds? Does anybody have any information about this stuff?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

well my understanding is that Hanger 18 was contracted by disney to make the suits (and the Darth vader etc).

The costumes are leaps and bounds better than they used to be 9the Tks used to have screen for eyes and the vader had an umpire cod)

The stormtrooper costumes are based on ROTJ/Tour costumes but not exact copies.  they made allowances for different actors and the dancing etc.  They did not pay as close attention to detail as rabid 501st fans do, so more were after an idealized idea of a stormtrooper.

That makes sense. Most of the big differences I've noticed are clearly to allow for greater range of motion and constant use without too much stress or damage to the armor. From my limited view, the E-11s look like ANH (but I might just be missing the greeblies from so far back).

At any rate, thanks for the information!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk