The Gaskets Question

SandmanAU

not sure if this has been asked or not but why is it that the new TFA TKs require the gaskets as part of the CRLs and the costume but the Clones dont...

the clones had them and do recall seeing them on a few troopers but their CRL doesnt even mention it as optional.... so why needed here?

Original-AOTC-Clone-Trooper-006.jpg

Because at the time CTN did not have a good source for them.  And, there continues to be no good source for them.  Perhaps if they put them in L3 standards or such, maybe someone would.

I have made ribbed undersuits for the clones. They SHOULD be ribbed as we see on screen, but somehoW it was left out of the CRL. We also have a difference in that George gave us CG clones, where Disney has brought back the physical prop for us to all see up close.

• Like 1

bugger, ok so what if i used the stuff used for the ribbed on the neck seals and use them on my shoulders and legs? just trying to work out a way that will be comfy and easy to walk and move then the thick rubber i saw at celebration?

For clarification, the stuff you saw at Celebration (I'm assuming that you mean the ANOVOS kits, and not the screen used suits) is no longer what is supplied with the kits. They are now supplying thinner gaskets that appear to allow for greatly increased mobility and - theoretically - better durability as well.

For clarification, the stuff you saw at Celebration (I'm assuming that you mean the ANOVOS kits, and not the screen used suits) is no longer what is supplied with the kits. They are now supplying thinner gaskets that appear to allow for greatly increased mobility and - theoretically - better durability as well.

ohh sweet yes thats what i was referring to, good to hear they have updated the kits.

• Like 1

I just saw the latest ANOVOS gasket. They are made of the same silicone, only poured thinner to make them a bit more flexible. They are still heavy and scratch very easily. 

I might also mention that clone ribbing is a lot different. Not only in the direction of the ribs, but in the shape of the rib also. Clone ribbing looks more quilted than the newer TFA stuff.

• Like 1