Anyone used this guy?

I think this has been discussed a few years ago but it seems this seller has now started producing a plastic version of his helmets which seems to be in answer to previous criticism.

Is this still one to avoid and if so what should I be aware of?

Thanks!

Gareth

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Hero lids come to a point at the back and are generally wider, this looks like a stunt turned hero to me. Can't speak for this one's quality, but there are competitively priced options made by folks here that are very accurate and tried-n-true. I want to say RT-mod but it's definitely one of them on the vetted seller list.

While unable to speak on the builder you are asking about at all, I can backup what Scott had to say.  For certain, TrooperMaster and RT-Mod (slightly larger than normal) both sell Hero helmets that are simply Hero helmets from the start of the sculpt as opposed to Stunt conversions.

I got a biker scout helmet from him, and got a replacement part (no questions asked) for free...  (whole face plate)

I will deff buy from him again.... but never knowed that he makes plastic versions now aswell (thnx for the heads up)

So really no idea about the plastic versions... but i can say that service is excelent.

What's better, plastic or fibreglass ? And why ?

Plastic.  Lightweight and more movie accurate.  Fiberglassed armor doesn't allow for any flexible movement as the armor is rigid.  There's just a laundry list of reasons why you don't want fiberglassed Stormtrooper armor.

Plastic.  Lightweight and more movie accurate.  Fiberglassed armor doesn't allow for any flexible movement as the armor is rigid.  There's just a laundry list of reasons why you don't want fiberglassed Stormtrooper armor.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of buying just a helmet from this guy and it will be a display piece, won't ever be used for trooping. Would you still recommend going for plastic ?