My CFO ROTJ Build

Balders

Boots came back from being dyed/painted today, I'm thrilled with them, they look great:

Hi Steve,

Looking at your boots I see the soles haven't been painted white. Just wanted to mention to you that the general consensus is that the worn screen ROTJ boots have a painted white sole.

Saying that though we have pics of the ROTJ suit at the Identities Exhibition with the soles of the boots having a natural light brown/blonde colour. There's also some additional stitching on the boots...Have a look at the Photo gallery pics and your see what I mean..

Keep up the great build mate.

Thanks for that feedback. I did some research and yes there are some white soles for sure in RotJ, will have a look at the stitching thing later on.<br><br>

Got some more done on my lid yesterday, lenses and ear details to go. I've fitted a hard hat liner which I may need to adjust, but generally speaking, for my first ever build I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.post-24540-0-83367400-1440668403_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not updated my thread for a few days, but have been busy getting on with things. Here is where I am now.

I have a few tweak's to make,but generally speaking I'm very pleased.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

looking close at the shins, I noticed they sit above the boots. Are you having trouble closing them?

No they close OK,but were just riding up a bit. As mentioned above, I've fixed that with some Velcro on the front boot strap to the inside front of each shin. Worked like a charm. First troop on Saturday. Can't wait.

• Like 2