Painting And Adding Filler On A Hyperfirm Dlt-19

I recently purchased a B grade DLT-19 and was thinking of trying to fill in any imperfections and then giving it a fresh new coat of paint.

What filler/bondo would work best for this and what kind of paint is safe to use on a hyperfirm? If any members here have any expertise doing this, please let me know what to use. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

hi Brian,

Were you ever able to work out the imperfections in your DLT-19?  I recently purchased a Grade B as well but the manufacturer told me that any imperfections would be masked by the paint and weathering applied at the shop prior to delivery.  I'm curious to see if this is true and whether or not I will need to make any improvements to an already impressive looking blaster.

Hi Richard,<br><br>

No I haven't tested anything yet as far as fillers to. I am putting off painting until the spring so I might have a stab at it then. My B grade has a lot of areas where you can see the sponge like rubber underneath. Also the obvious areas where things didn't line up properly. <br>

If I do fix those sponge areas. I might try an modelling epoxy and spray the whole thing over. <br>

I recently used the DLt-19 at two events and most people just loved it as it was, thinking it looked real. For now I will leave it until I am sure I can fix it better.as Joseph said, Battle damage is the the way to think about it for now! <br>

In short I should have spent the extra hundred for the clean version. Oh well, expensive lesson learned. Let you know if I come up with a better solution though. <br>

It still is a cool weapon to carry on troops, even with the imperfections.