TK Ed's poor man's DLT-19 with action camera attach using Hasbro Build a Blaster.

Its been about 5 months that I built the first prototype of this weapon in a low budget. Taking ideas from "CHUNK'S" original E-11 conversion tutorial and ideas from other troopers I have been improving it. This has been tested on the field and I had great response from people at troops and some fellow troopers. This is not a 100% accurate but it gets the job done. This is a small tutorial of how to build the weapon for about $50 and 1 weekend or less of your time. This also includes where to attach an action camera in case you want to document troops.
I am not very good making tutorials but I have some pictures that may maker the build easier.

You will need:

Hasbro's Build A blaster gun with Stock. (The original barrel from the gun will not be use in this build).

*Tripod (Couple of pieces of 1/2 inch pvc, couple of angle ends, couple of caps, couple of plugs and 1x ½ inch coupling)
*2 screws

*BARREL:
*2 feet 1 1/4" PVC pipe (to match the barrel of the built a blaster)
*Mouth wash cap
*(1) 1-1/2 in. x 1-1/4 in. PVC Sch. 40 SPG x S Reducer Bushing
*(1) 1 " coupling (1/2 slip on 1/2 threaded
*(1) reducing coupling 1¾ x 1½
2x 1 " “ coupler
*1-1/2 in. x 1-1/4 in. PVC DWV Hub x Slip Joint Trap Adapter (this is to attach the main gun with the barrel)

*Extras:
* Leaf Rake (to make T- tracks)
*1 tube of window crack sealer
*Gorilla Heavy duty Duck tape
*Dollar store cardboard sheet
*E-6000 glue
*Dremel
*Black Spray paint (it is recommended to use one that adheres to plastic and has primer as well.
*empty altoits box
*empty ink cartridge 
*industrial strength Velcro
*Templates for barrel’s holes and gun dimentions
 http://www.haui.eu/u...chnung_1zu1.zip

_57%201_zpsogfnyonj.jpg

You can find this used on ebay . New may be kinda expensive. 

*concentrate in the barrel first so then you can attached easily to the main gun and avoid excessive pressure on areas that may break .

This is the tip of the gun:
glue the mouthwash cap with the *(1) 1-1/2 in. x 1-1/4 in. PVC Sch. 40 SPG x S Reducer Bushing
*(1) 1 ¼ coupling (1/2 slip on 1/2 threaded
*(1) reducing coupling ¾ x ½ 
you may use a washer machine cable holder to simulate a cross hair.
IMAG1139_zps6ldyznxl.jpg

*Cut the PVC pipe in 8 inch and 6 inch sections and attach them using the couplings 
*Make holes to the barrel with a dremel or drill  (there is a link at the top to get templates)
*Cut T-tracks from the Leaf Rake and glue them 
*Cut the 1/2 inch pipe in 12 inch sections and place caps 
IMAG1082_zpsf8hlb5bh.jpg

*Place the 1/2 coupling and fill it with the window sealer and place screws 
*Glue tripod to barrel 
IMAG1476_zps4naxbmye.jpg

*Attach main gun to barrel using *1-1/2 in. x 1-1/4 in. PVC DWV Hub x Slip Joint Trap Adapter
*add 3 inches of 1 1/4 pipe to connect the copuler from the main gun to the coupler from the barrel 

IMAG1133_1_zpsrg9ycgtj.jpg

*Cover the coupler with a piece of cardboard and then use duck tape to cover it. (when you paint it it will blend in)

IMAG1240_zps1j8oigo3.jpg

*Extend stock using 4 inches of 1 1/4 inch pipe ( I got this tip from fumatroop)
I used duck tape over to cover the pipe 

11304161_10206677895567552_1655563366_n_

(Optional) Add the box of altoids and empty ink cartridge (brother) 
Paint gun (I used satin black)

IMAG1401_zpsaopslepl.jpg

Action Cam placement

*Place velcro on the left side of the barrel 
*Tip: In order to get a good angle of focus place the camera where you can make eye contact with the lens 

IMAG1479_zps6fanlxz5.jpg

This was taken with my action camera placed there

Well, There you have it. Edited by TKedt
  • Like 2