T/MC ANH Armor Build - On A Boat!

Gnarled Rex Dart

Hi Everyone!

So after years of dreaming about it, I finally took the plunge & purchased my first TK kit! It's a great kit from T/MC Armorer: Tray! As you can see from the photo, the armor came expertly wrapped & packaged with a helpful CD containing helpful assembly photos to reference during the build. 

I received my brown box at my brother's apartment earlier this year &I have only had limited time to build as I often travel back & forth to NYC with work, but I hope to have it completed well before the release of TFA this December. 

I am doing my best to build a pristine set of white TK armor that will hopefully qualify for EIB & eventually Centurion status.

I am based in Southern CA, currently living on a boat in Marina Del Rey & as far as I can tell, this will be the first TK built aboard a ship! Unless you're talking about a Galactic Starship! Ha! I'll post up photos of the boat soon. 

I am posting my build here to gather any helpful hints or comments you may have. 

I also wanted to add my heartfelt thanks to TK 20017 who inspired me to post photos of my build & who has also invited me to build alongside him @ his workshop! 

post-703-0-18699100-1442608863_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gnarled Rex Dart

Hey Daniel! Congrats on the build. It will be nice to see a T/MC build because there aren't typically too many build threads started for that kit. Hopefully you will only build when it is calm out there. Sometimes It's hard enough just to cut straight lines in a house. Now add some swells to that!

Good luck on your build!

• Like 1

Photos or it never happened ! :P

Daniel and & are both members of an archery club here in Pasadena CA. It will be great to watch THIS build as some of it will be IN A BOAT!

This should be interesting !

I have seen some of Dan's work and I can tell you this will be a build to watch! Top quality stuff!

Let the building begin

EDIT: the easy way to get photos up here is to get a Photobucket account. Put the photos up there in the size you want (. I like 600 x "xxx" pixels). Then there you can copy a DIRECT link and paste it into your post as a link.

Edited by russellr2d2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, so here a few pics of my brown box on the boat & the first pieces of armor that I've been able to cobble together...

Started with the biceps & forearms first, using the the joining strips & butt method. Used CA glue without gloves & left a bit of my thumb on the outside! OUCH! Gonna leave it on as reminder until I complete my suit, then I'll polish it off with some Novus. 

I'll post some more detailed pics late tonight.

post-703-0-95953700-1442520355_thumb.jpg

post-703-0-87877200-1442520413_thumb.jpg

post-703-0-14978500-1442520432_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...