Aviano Autism Walk-a-thon Mission Report

Mission Report: 19 Apr 2008 Aviano Autism Walk-a-Thon

Troopers Present: TK7242, ID1341, TK8338, SL2116, TK7489, TD2251, 3 Recruits: Crucil (SL), Benedetti (TK), Dameronese (TK), 2 Guests: Amadeo and Marissa (R2-D2 & C3-PO)

On 19 April, the Italica Garrison participated in the First Annual Aviano Autism Support Group Walk-a-thon. While the morning begun with bad weather, the rain stopped shortly after the event began. The troopers along with R2 and C3-PO marched and posed for pictures during the 4 hour event. As part of their efforts to raise money a silent auction of numerous items donated by honorary members Dave Prowse, Matt Busch, and Karen Traviss was held. Also, children were given the opportunity to “master” (or control) R2-D2 for a small donation of $1. Overall, the Garrison directly contributed 845 euro or 1386 US dollars. Following the event the troopers partook in the traditional Popeye’s Chicken and Biscuits meal more affectionately called “Trooping for Biscuits"

Here is a commercial we did (funny thing is I got done like vader, I had to go to a meeting so my buddy "the rookie" voiced both parts), photos to follow:

• 3 weeks later...

Thats what this as all about.

I am a parent of an autistic child, and thanks to all the awareness, things are starting to change.

Rock on man!