Self-powered digital counter display

TwnBrother is putting an analog counter wheel in his doopy counter, it works and looks great:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31855-new-doopydoos-e11-with-t-jays-finishing-kit/page-2#entry411847

His linked Amazon page also showed a digital display with a self-contained long-lasting battery to power the LCD. It even counts "dry" (tho not sure exactly how to connect it yet) and it has the right dimensions (1.9" x 0.9" x 2"). Thought it might be cool to have a middle ground between screen-used and the bar graph idea. Only $8 and looks the part.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NC9M0U?redirect=true&ref_=ya_st_dp_summary

Edited by charlesnarles

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just gonna use the Hasbro conversion Doopy counter since it's already partially hollowed, but yeah I cut it on the little trench with a hack saw and will need green stuff and maybe scrap abs sheets to fill in the 1/8 inch or so difference under the display's lip (if numbers point up). Totally not a run-on..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It has screw-down connectors and counts circuit closures of whatever you attach the other end of the wires to. I think it'll work if I put them on the "trigger" connectors, or maybe the fire select switch so it won't count if the safety is on😎

Edited by charlesnarles

Can't decide if I should have wires come out the counter, probably not. It's just staring me in the face and they'd be functional but I'm also worried about their integrity.

You can see the internal metal, plastic and wires through the front vents, which will be neat.

I should mention how thin the walls of the resin half have to be to fit the counter. My eagle is translucent, for example. Idk how I didn't dremel through!

Edited by charlesnarles

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys. I'll have an update on the display body tomorrow [soon, rather!], and hopefully connect it to my dsny blaster for a full test. Thank goodness the connectors are screw down so I can test it before I paint it. It'll be weird to have one without a starboard side since it touches the scope there on my mod trial run, so maybe I'll just finish it all and drill two holes for the wires.

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1