Rivet gun, will this do?

The only tool I'm missing now is the riveter / rivet gun. From memory, you rivet two on the helmet, the holster to your belt and maybe the ammo pack.

But there's a lot of different opinions about the size on the rivets and so on... So I just want check with you guys if this is the right gun.

The measurements are right down your alley too..

dHKt0ow.jpg

cGR17zN.jpg

Thats good for the build. I have the cheapest one from ACE and it has i believe 3 sizes.

The ammo pack is actually a 7mm cap rivet or split rivet.

Agree with the others, that will work just fine. Make sure you use washers on the back, the rivets will rip right through TK plastic. 

Just one note, you don't have to rivet your holster to your belt, but you can. I opted to use Chicago screws and I'm glad I did. It makes transporting the belt easier since I can take the thick-leather holster off. 

4 rivets on the helmet, and cap rivets for the ammo pack

My memory failed me badly there. Four rivets of course.

Agree with the others, that will work just fine. Make sure you use washers on the back, the rivets will rip right through TK plastic. 

Just one note, you don't have to rivet your holster to your belt, but you can. I opted to use Chicago screws and I'm glad I did. It makes transporting the belt easier since I can take the thick-leather holster off. 

Thats good for the build. I have the cheapest one from ACE and it has i believe 3 sizes.

The ammo pack is actually a 7mm cap rivet or split rivet.

Think I'll be bying the centurion rivet/washer kit form here.

Sad that the rivet gun won't be used more than four times, but hey... there might be other helmets.

Thanks for the help!

Sad that the rivet gun won't be used more than four times, but hey... there might be other helmets.

Thanks for the help!

Some of the when stapping brackets were rivited, then the machine screws failed.

Oh, there will be more helmets, there will be!

Some of the when stapping brackets were rivited, then the machine screws failed.

Oh, there will be more helmets, there will be!

I see others uses rivets in combination with snaps. Either way, I'm going to rivet the heck out of things in my home.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, don't buy this crap gun from NCG with rotating head. Rivet were stuck 9 out of 10 times.

Got myself a stanley rivet gun = works flawless! 

• 2 weeks later...

Before you actually rivet the helmet together you might want to test the placement using bolts and washers. I had to take one of the rivets out of my helmet and it was a pain!