Trimming help needed for shorter limbs!

I'm kind of in a pickle and I've searched parts of the forums but I can't quite figure out what to do, so I thought ask before I try anything on my own.

My limbs (both arms and legs) are shorter than average due to a tumor I had when I was a kid which caused my bones to age quicker than normal and not grow properly.

Luckily that's all in the past but it has made trimming and sizing armor parts much more difficult. I have a relatively average size torso so hopefully I don't run into any problems there.

My main questions are:

"How much can I trim to make it all fit properly?"

I put both forearms and biceps together using the butt join/cover strip method, while they all fit separately when I put everything on my range of motion was cut down to the point I could hardly move my arms. I felt very much like C-3PO with his barely movable arms. I took everything back apart and now I'm lost. I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of trimming the front and back of the forearms and the bottoms of the shins but not sure how without ruining the pieces.

"Will I still be able to go for EIB and Centurion?"

This is what concerns me as well, because if i'm going to put this much time and effort into something I love I want to be able to aim for the top. Centurion has pretty much been my goal from the beginning and I really don't want to jeopardize it with trimming something to fit incorrectly. 

I really appreciate any and all help! 

Thanks for reading this and check out my armor build if you want. 

-Tyler

I think you can do this without too much trouble.

Shins, definitely trim from the bottom, just follow the contour evenly around the base, to take off as much as required and maintain the shape.

Thighs. If they are too long, trim these from the top, again following the contour so the shape remains the same.

Biceps, trim from the bottom.

Forearms. There should be a scalloped section on the inside where you bend your arm, you can keep taking more of this out, it is fine if the outside part goes past your elbow.

Don't be concerned of taking off the return edges on these parts as the original armor didn't have any.

Making these adjustments hopefully will make your armor wareable, and allow a good range of movement .

Hope this helps a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And just so you know this armor restricts range of motion for most anyone. I'm 5'8" and I sometimes feel like c-3po when walking and moving my arms around.

It's normal to not be able to move around perfectly.