Ridged shoulder straps (placement,trim size)

Hey guys,

I reached the point of my armor and got stuck, I couldn't really find a straight answer to this question.

When it comes to the shoulder straps, the CRL states this

Shoulder Straps
For 501st approval:
  • These shall be securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive.

They do not mention where they need to be placed on the chest armor.

Also I couldn't find a rule of thumb on how much trim if any i need on the sides of them....

I looked at a lot of screen stills and even EIB and Centurion apps and there doesn't seem to be a uniform requirement on them.

Any advise would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi Andrew!  First, I would trim them down pretty hard, almost to the actual ridges.  (I found this out the hard way, and had to remove and re-do my old ones).   As far as placement, you can look at close-ups on the various approved EIB and Centurion submission photos for a good reference.  If you take a quick look at my EIB submission post, (TK 10963) it shows that the outside was sticking out WAY too far, and the straps were too close to my neck.  In the attached photo, I have a new chest plate and straps, (for my future Centurion submission), and I believe these are mounted correctly, or HOPE they are!  Hope this helps!

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed