Advice on shim between ab and kidney (FX)

How should I cut/attach this shim? Should I trim the bottom corner of the ab plate and shim, making a curved line to bottom of the kidney? Or cut straight from the bottom of the kidney to ab plate?

Or even bondo/glue the shim in place, but cut into two pieces making both the Ab and the Kidney larger, meeting in the middle?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Study as many of the submission pics for centurion as you can. They will show you how it should look. There is also a pretty old thread around here about upgrading FX armor to EIB standards. It talks about the ab/kidney shim a bit. I think your pretty close though. There is usually a notch at the bottom of the kidney armor that is not attached to the ab plate. Maybe you could incorporate that. The belt will cover a lot of the bottom of the shim either way. Was your posterior already separated from the kidney when you got it?I am facing similar choices with my older armor.

Edited by Pilot trooper

Yeah, the posterior was already in two pieces.I'm probablt going to shift the shim down, and trim a little off both the top and bottom of the ab plate. I've been looking at a lot of TM's armor and how people wear it, so while I can't make this armor perfect, I can make it look as good as I can.

I've actually thought about attaching the codpiece back to the ab plate too.

Of course, this all depends on how the thighs look. I need to modify them quite a bit to get a good fit. I'd hate to have too big of a gap between my thighs and torso pieces.  

I ended up cutting the shim in two, and attaching them to both the back and ab pieces. I used fiberglass for the inside, and bondo for the outside. They are almost ready to paint. :)

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021