Western Australian Jes Gistang Legacy Trooper Build

Okay, I have been naughty and not really kept up to date with taking photos during the build process.

Been following everyone elses step by step and not even doing my own! Urgh.

Well. 

I did my first test fitting the other day. 

Please note.

• Shoulder straps are not on in photo. I had trouble with the shape of them. We've had to heat them up and reshape so that they sit properly on me. I have a curved back naturally (spine issues) so they didn't sit on the back right. Gluing them on tonight so fingers crossed! Anyone else had this issue? Its fustrating.
  • Shoulder bells weren't attached the the biceps at the time, so hence sitting towards chest in photo.
  • Belt is not attached, still waiting for that to be finished - aka sand the boxes cause they are so damn annoying.
  • Thighs had slid down in image, still need to attach webbing to abdomen to hold them up.
  • Terrified to cut into the thighs to add the knees atm! I don't want to get it wrong. Would love more clear images of where to cut and best method to get the knees correct.

Starting to paint the helmet tonight, so will make sure that I take photos!

DLT-19 is sanded, prepped, just need to wait till a nice day to paint it. (currently raining on and off here) Also have an E-11 for back-up when my arms start breaking under the weight of the DLT.

Hoping to have it all complete for my first (unofficial) troop in 3 weeks. Will then fine tune and get it ready to send to be approved.

Most excited!

Obligatory box and floor photos.

( excuse the dogs and the lady bug, these things apparently happen )

post-22219-0-06218000-1433306069_thumb.jpg

post-22219-0-88381100-1433306075_thumb.jpg

post-22219-0-76331200-1433306060_thumb.jpg

Woah, didn't know this armor fit ladybugs.  Looking good!

The knees really aren't that difficult, you just need some confidence with the placement. Remember the cap will cover the slot, so place it about an inch up from the bottom of the thigh.  The long edge of the cap faces forward.  Looking at the photo below, the bottom left corner is aligned with the seam.  Angle the cap so the top left corner is also aligned with the seam.

Pencil around the cap so you don't cut the slot too large. Then it's a simple Dremel with a cutoff wheel. From Kev's photos:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed