Kidney plate corner cut

Hi all,

Sorry if it's been discussed before but I can't seem to find the info I need.

The CRL states (for Centurion) that "Squared cut-out sections at the lower left and right corners of the Kidney Armor.". However, I've seen people talking that the AP armor doesn' have the proper sizing/proportions (compared to the ab plate) to have a screen accurate cut-out. I've looked at various Centurion application requests for APs, and it seems that most leave the kidney piece as it is.

So my question... is the 22x22mm cut-out really mandatory when assembling an AP armor?

Thanks.

It is if you want to get to centurion. But, I do suggest you wait at the end of your build to make that cut. In case you need to shim your side, you will have to make that cut on the shims. 

At the same time, wait before putting your split rivets. You will to place your rivets taking count of your notch on the kidney plate. 

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my quick question. Are do the 6 split/cap rivets on the side have to be funtional? Like threaded into the snap rivet or are they just for show?

Here's my quick question. Are do the 6 split/cap rivets on the side have to be funtional? Like threaded into the snap rivet or are they just for show?

They can be functionnal, they can be just for the show. Only the exterior aspect of the armor is covered by the CRL, what you decide to do inside is all up to you.

• Like 1

They can be functionnal, they can be just for the show. Only the exterior aspect of the armor is covered by the CRL, what you decide to do inside is all up to you.

Awesome. Greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk