White paint of screen used helmets

As I'm about to finish some helmets, I'm wondering what shade of white the original helmets were painted.

Pure white? Slightly off white? Bluish white?

You can't go by the pics for obvious reasons.

Any insight would be of help!

Thank you!

I would go with Appliance white..... most hardware store will sell it..... It's not a cold white more warm.....

I am sure others with more ANH background will chime in but I used that on my old ESB lid and it looked great.

Thanks, Mark! Helpful as ever!

I googled a little, and it seems appliance is RAL 9010, we call it "pure white". I wanted to use that in the first pace, because it is rather warm!

Edited by Sonnenschein

Rustoleum sells a "Specialty Appliance Epoxy Paint" in various colors including white. It is an "ultra-hard moisture-resistant enamel...for indoor appliances with metal surfaces".

But an ultra-hard paint would not work well on HDPE since when it flexes the paint would crack. Which of course we know the screen helmets' paint did ;) .

But would I be correct that "appliance white" in the context of this thread is defining the color shade and not that it's a paint intended particularly for appliances?