A.P. Plastic Waist Belt, Knee Ammo Pack and Plastic Should strap question.

For the A.P. Belt, and the Knee Ammo pack should you heat both to bend them to get a better fit or just leave as is?

If needed to heat and bend. Is Hot Water, lighter, or heat gun is the best?

Also the same for the shoulder straps?

Thanks.

Andy

Hot water dipping these parts may distort the boxes themselves. That is just my thinking so if someone has manipulated these with hot water and had no problems, please say so!!!! 

You can bend both these parts specific to your armor. Place them on the armor and mark where the bend should occur. I have used this method with great precision and success:KdXjqBH.jpg Hit is lightly on the inside with a propane torch set on LOW. just wave the flame over the bend point. This will heat up and distort fast if you are not careful!! 

• 4 weeks later...

I used hot water on mine.  I used a large stock pot and heated the water to near boiling.  submerged one half of the belt and let it soften. I then set it over my ab plate and formed it to the curvature.  I did the same procedure for the other half.  Can't get more of an accurate bend than that.