Fitting into ATA @ 6'4" & 160 lbs. (or "What To Replace?")

I'm tall and skinny but went with ATA anyway. I'd like to take it to at least EIB level and that means closing lots of gaps. I recently had some pretty extensive spine surgery which added about 2 inches to my torso, so now I'm even farther away from the ideal morphology than I used to be😅

I'll post pics of me holding pieces up to myself showing exactly what the "before" looks like once my kit arrives. I tried to find relevant build threads but came up with none quite so tall without also being too girthy (no offense to anyone, I'm like a twiggy alien man: 6'4" 160lbs. 40in chest, 32in hips, 12in bicep, lol etc. cause I had lots of Dr. recommended down-time and just started working out again)

So! I read that AM chests n backs are big but no good for centurion? Any suggestions on brands featuring longer parts that could then be built to my thin frame would be appreciated.

Pics incoming (once Xmas in May happens!)

I am almost the same size as you 6'4 and 180lbs

This is my first build and I have gone for the Anovos mainly for the price point as a first attempt. Hoping I can minimise the amount of black suit without too much hassle. Any info on your progress would be appreciated

I'm tall and skinny but went with ATA anyway. I'd like to take it to at least EIB level and that means closing lots of gaps. I recently had some pretty extensive spine surgery which added about 2 inches to my torso, so now I'm even farther away from the ideal morphology than I used to be

I'll post pics of me holding pieces up to myself showing exactly what the "before" looks like once my kit arrives. I tried to find relevant build threads but came up with none quite so tall without also being too girthy (no offense to anyone, I'm like a twiggy alien man: 6'4" 160lbs. 40in chest, 32in hips, 12in bicep, lol etc. cause I had lots of Dr. recommended down-time and just started working out again)

So! I read that AM chests n backs are big but no good for centurion? Any suggestions on brands featuring longer parts that could then be built to my thin frame would be appreciated.

Pics incoming (once Xmas in May happens!)

Hey! Congrats on your ATA purchase. Your not going to really have a problem with your height. Your gaps will be slightly larger than mine but you can still construct everything so you look great in it. Im sure you won't have a problem going Centurion if that is your plan. GL and ask any questions as you get ready to dive in.  :smiley-sw013:

As someone who is a first time builder with roughly the same dimensions, how hard is it to adjust everything to a taller height, build-wise? I'm already going into this with no build experience and I just want to know what I'm getting myself into with the added adjustments I'll have to make for my height.

I originally was shooting for a set of RT-Mod, but Rob is booked up until the beginning of next year and Andrea from RS Prop Masters said that RS armor may not work for someone as tall as me. 

Edited by JediCrandall

As someone who is a first time builder with roughly the same dimensions, how hard is it to adjust everything to a taller height, build-wise?

Building any trooper is a lot of work. Like I said, people usually shim the sides of the chest, ab, back and kidney pieces for bigger girth rather than modding purely for height. My pieces came and after test-fitting with the untrimmed parts I feel better about keeping it pure ATA. There are some tall TK build threads (Barcode above ya there is a tall centurion) with plenty of details to help you decide which mods to apply to your kit depending on your "morphology" (Anovos' favorite word) but you won't really know which until you can test fit on yourself... reading should help guide you towards a maker

Edited by charlesnarles