Joe.Gravelle's TD build [AM] [T/MC]

thanks!

I need to figure out how to attach the MP40 pouch to my shoulder. I have a canvas pouch and I think I might want to upgrade to leather since I will need to stuff the pouch with blocks of wood for it to keep its shape. 

Most sandys have them attached to the backpack shoulder strap via nylon webbing and a quick release buckle.

I personally use a 4" piece of nylon webbing that loops around the bell strap and sits between the bell and chest to back strap. The other end fastens to a snap mounted on the ammo pack.

If you want to go sandy I would highly suggest you visit and read the Sandtrooper's CRL - http://www.mepd.net/crl/

You want canvas for the shoulder, it attaches to the pack strap though. Leather for the side pouches that attach to the belt. There's a member on MEPD who sells them, kind of expensive but they are great quality. I believe he sends them pre-stuffed as well. I'll be getting them from him and a pack from DirtyBoy. 

The leather ammo pack seller is Blaster 8266, you can reach him at abailey8266@yahoo.com.

NOTE: Leather is NOT required for basic deployment (Police). From the Sandtrooper CRL - #20.AMMO POUCHES: Two or three in total, made of black leather, black or dark green canvas or black vinyl. Worn either at the hips or left shoulder, opposite of the pauldron.

HOWEVER, if you plan on going for S.W.A.T. then don't buy a thing until you researched which trooper you want to emulate being there are many differences between them. 

Edit: Since you have a orange paldron (Sandtrooper Captain) here's the page you can see all the different versions - http://www.mepd.net/crl/captain/ 

Edit, edit lol, if for some reason the Captain link doesn't work just go the above CRL and scroll to the bottom... sorry 

Edited by ukswrath

image_zpssr8xbh1x.jpg

Snaps installed on the ab so the belt doesn't move. I may have extra holes in my armor.. We'll just call them "speed holes". A leather hole punch is very useful for putting holes in the belt(s). Hood the belt position is ok because it's all riveted together and glueing up now.

Tomorrow I just need to make straps for my ab and back. Trim the ab sides, glue finish strips onto the biceps and then get weathering!!!!

• 2 weeks later...