Knee area adjustments

I was looking for some advice on a problem I am experiencing. I have trimmed my thighs and I still have the issue of the knee plate falling behind the thigh. I'm sure most have experienced this one time or another.

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried or recommend trimming the bottom of the calf? I need to make more of a gap between my thigh and calf at the knee. I'm afraid to trim the thigh more and I was wondering if I am wrong to consider trimming the bottom of the calf (where it sits on boots) to bring the calf lower.

Any advice helps,

Edited by JedIinTraining

I saw somewhere that people put foam on the back of the shin to push the knee plate out beyond the thigh. Also, I have seen a post or two of putting the knee plate in hot water and bending it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by russellr2d2

Hi Randy!  I had the same problem... I had to cut down the bottom half of my calf to make some additional space at the knee, and I used the foam method.  I personally wouldn't recommend bending the knee plate, as it would distort it, and could affect your TK approval.  P.S...  I installed the foam strips using Velcro, so they could be taken out for cleaning purposes, i.e. sweat! 

Thanks, I'll take a small amount from the bottom of the calf. As far as foam , I feel adding the foam inside the calf may cause the Velcro on the back of the calf to open up (another common problem) . I assume you mean inside the calf at the back to push it forward. If I try foam it seems it may be better to put it in the thigh to bring it back instead.

Thanks for the advice

Sent from a galaxy far far away

If you do use the foam, all you need is 1 inch thick, cut into 1 1/2 to 2 inch strips.  I have 3 of various lengths in each calf, which also helps to keep them from shifting around, and haven't experienced any problems with connecting the backs..  (I do have small calves, though). :P

Edited by justjoseph63