ATA Thighs on ANH stunt cover strips size

So......my thighs are bigger than I thought. Im running a fit test and I have 2 inch strips in the front and 3 inch strips in the back (it is still snug, but I can deal with it)

Question is, what is the largest I can make these strips before it becomes a real issue with approval?

Yea those are getting pretty wide;  even the 2 inch ones.  Any way to add a kidney like shim to the thigh backs, that you could then ABS paste or plastic putty and paint the seam?  You could then use much smaller coverstrips on the front and back.  Its a bit of work though, and you would probably need some more plastic.  

I had the same problem. After gluing all my cover strips I found I couldn't pull up my thighs high enough. The only thing I could do was to open up the back and go with a larger cover strip.

This photo is of one of my Garrison mates and it was sent to me as a reference on how to deal with my rear cover strips. Hope it helps.

125BA7D2-4930-4276-94D6-77B79F09557A_zps

I wish mine turned out as nice as Andy's here. My rear coverstrips ended up being 2" at the top tapered down to 1 1/4" at the bottom.

Rather than shim and paste and sand, your other option would be to contact your armor maker and order new thighs. Only don't cut off all the flat edge. You will have a wider flat edge but you can then use proper cover strip sizing.

Just a thought.

Edited by Coastertk

Thanks guys. Your comments helped a lot. I was under the impression the cover strips had to match up with the ridge on the armor. If I can just put smaller strips but have the ridge wide like in the pictures I should be fine.

Though my thighs aren't quite that big (pictured above) I did have to run over sized cover strips but they looked uniform in relation to the nearby beveled edges.

I would ask the DO gazmosis (Steve) what he thinks since he's the one you will have to pass inspection with if you're shooting for EIB or Centurion.