Poor Man's DLT 19 build- Hasbro E11 conversion

Tusken RTT

dear friends,

thanks for this tread... i made me doing my own "poor-mans-dlt-19", also based on an E-11....

here´s the result: 

f6azbac7.jpg

what do you think?  :D  :)

:duim:  or   :duimomlaag: ?

greetings

philip

that looks pretty solid!!   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

dear friends,

i´ve been building my DLT-19 in this way:

Base is a E-11, the piece for the shoulder was made out of foam and then shaped in the right form. Then covered with three layers of resin for stability. the stock is a pvc tube with drilled holes. the cooling-fins are made of wood, also the tripod. the end of the tripods are caps from nordic walking sticks :-) 

i´m glad you like my build !!! 

thanks and greetings

philip 

• 1 month later...

I have started to build my DLT-19 from my Hasbro E-11 Blaster. I still have afew troops to do this weekend and one more next weekend; nothing going on until July 3rd and the 3rd week of July. Plenty of time. Mostly I have just been working on the barrel itself, I won't attach the barrel to the Blaster until after this weekend's events. Instead of using the PVC 1' as you mentioned, I opted to use a vacuum cleaner extention rod as the barrel! The length and width I felt were perfect for the barrel, and look proportionally right with the Blaster. The PVC I felt was abit 'skinny'. I was able to force the coupling (no thread) to the center of the barrel-wand to the center. I then used the coupling (with thread) at the end of the wand and applied Epoxy/Hardening on the inside as well as the mothwash cap. All that remains now is the buttstock, duopod, drilling of holes for the barrell, and painting. I'm going to have to remove the Doopydoos scope and the undercarriage folding stock. I will probably add the scope to my real Sterling/ Blaster (because real scopes are freaking expensive!) or add it to the Sniper Rifle I'll be building for my Scout Trooper buddy. The buttstock I'm alittle confused to go with the Shout bottle or this Lemon Pledge spray bottle. The Shout spray bottle is the one you mentioned, but looks abit small compared to the weapon; where as the Pledge bottle is abit bigger but does look like a rife buttstock. (Well, this 'weapon' isnt exactly going to be an exact replica!) But I'm excited to get this done! This will make me look just alittle more bad an impolite person as a Heavy Weapons Trooper insted of carrying the standard Blaster!