ANH AP Build

kafer1964

Greetings all, I have been reading this website and planning my TK build.  Locally, I found someone who had bought AP armor but stopped on the helmet and planned to go another route in the Imperial Guard.  I purchased his AP armor and bought a E-11 from Derrek.  My first question is on the AP helmet.  The previous owner put the first two rivets on the top and drilled the holes for the lower rivets.  If I were to use the lower holes drilled for the lower rivets, this halt would certainly not go on my head once trimmed and with the rubber neck trim, maybe sideways.  I know I will be trimming off some around the bottom, but is this the case for AP helmets being small, and is there any tricks to make it bigger?

Lee

Helmets having small openings is common. That is why you have to "screw" them on.

But still: pics would be great ... :)

16286676453_32be217d43_c.jpgUntitled

The Brow is where I want it to be.

16880796946_f002ce028c_c.jpg

The holes have been drilled to connect the helmet and the top rivet is in place.  The bottom rivet is not.

16719260980_3f625b182f_c.jpgUntitled

The bottom holes have been drilled for the rivet, but rivet is not in.  This is pretty snug getting on my head, I have to turn it sideways and spin it on.  I was asking if this can be expanded by removing the top rivets and drilling a new hole for the top and then bottom, but I think how the helmet back sets with the front, this isn't possible.  Thoughts?  Thanks, I will be resuming with my build thread in the sub topic.

Untitled

Looks like you're off to a good start. I have AP and love it.

I would trim some of the hanging edges you have off the eyes and open the teeth up more. You can trim off a little bit around the neck to keep from scratching you face up but yeah, the screw on and off method is the way to put the helmet.

If you haven't seen it yet, think about painting the inside a flat black. It will help keep sum light out and make it more mysterious when the little ones try looking up your helmet :)

Best of luck with your build!

Edited by Snaps

Looks like you're off to a good start. I have AP and love it.

I would trim some of the hanging edges you have off the eyes and open the teeth up more. You can trim off a little bit around the neck to keep from scratching you face up but yeah, the screw on and off method is the way to put the helmet.

If you haven't seen it yet, think about painting the inside a flat black. It will help keep sum light out and make it more mysterious when the little ones try looking up your helmet :)

Best of luck with your build!

Thanks, this is how I received it and haven't really trimmed it yet.  I plan on paining the inside with Plasti dip, and plan on hand painting the outside gray areas myself.  The blue stripes I have the decal for.  

Ah well, if I have to screw it on that is OK.  I just hope I can get a few electronics in there.