Trimming help

So this isn't exactly TK armor since its for my IG, but I am using ATA TK chest/back/shoulder straps in black ABS for this build.

I have to trim off the excess of course. In some parts its pretty easy to see where the mold lines stop and where the excess starts. In other places, not so easy to tell. I have skimmed through the forums and a few how to videos on youtube, but I'm still very afraid to take that dip. Don't want to cut too much off and cry myself to sleep until I can afford a replacement. So, is there a good resource/tutorial on trimming. IE how much should be left on the armor after the trim for the 'lip' so to speak?

thanks in advance.

Darth Cashman

I wasn't fortunate enough to see much builds with my armor type,  but what you can try doing is looking peoples armor submissions then see if they have a link to their build.

Here is one (it was the first ATA I seen and he has a link to his build):

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29641-tk-85421-requesting-esb-stunt-eib-statusataapproved/

Also, you can post pictures of where you are at so far and ask to see if that is good enough.  I myself and im sure 90% of the members were super scared to make the cut,  you can even look at my build (AM) and see that I posted that I was too scared to touch the awesome shiny parts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I found a how to assemble thread on the florida forum, it has some good interior shots that I am using. right now I'm taking off the major bits of excess with some curved tip scissors. figure that's a lot safer for me than using the dremmel for now. Since this will turn out more of a backup kit for me I'm not overly concerned about a few snafus so long as they aren't super visible.We shall see.

• Like 1