Overlap on kidney from back plate

Guys being a relatively shorter trooper I have some serious overlap of the back plate on to the kidney piece maybe an inch or so most images I have found have a gap between them. Any ideas on the best way to solve this or is this something doesn't need solving and is fine

You want the back and kidney plates with the least amount of gap / overlap with each other. Usually you can adjust your shoulder straps to take care of it. Do you have any pics so we can see?

Edited by Snaps

How tall are you and which armor do you have?  I'm only about 5'7-5'8" and I was able to fit into my armor without major tweaks.  I have the MTK armor which is apparently exactly like the ATA kit.  

However, the armor was a bit wide for me.  So, I just used my heat gun to heat up the chest/ab, kidney, and butt pieces a section at a time and slowly bent in the pieces to fit my width better.  For the butt piece, I also bent in the "cup" section that goes under my groin area.....this "shortened" the entire kidney/butt section too.  

When I was nearing the end of my build and started strapping everything together, I thought I was going to have to trim parts of the kidney piece too since it seemed too big length-wise.  But, after heating/molding the pieces to fit my size better (I liked a nice slim fitted look instead of the wide trooper look), it turned out I didn't need to trim anything.

Edited by hon143

I am only 5'6 and I fitted by back plate with no overlap, its all in the strapping and placement, you gotta pull the back plate up more and lower the kidney and buttplate and bam. No more overlap! I did not need to cut or trim any ectra off parts.