tjr2d2 first build - ANH Stunt

Greetings All, first I would like to say a big thank you to my lovely wife, without whom none of this would be taking place! also many, many thanks to all those who have helped me with my journey thus far, way too many to mention in one post. Second, just as a disclosure I am admittedly very bad at taking pictures during the building process, these will be mainly "after" pics. That being said, lets get started.

Here is the first bucket I received;

imagejpg1_zpsec3563cd.jpg

imagejpg2_zps74324d5b.jpg

Next up will be the "assembled" bucket.

Edited by tjr2d2

Here I have the bucket sitting on my mannequin in the spare room, or as I refer to it, the "Man Cave in Progress". The face plate section and cap/back sections were riveted together with snap rivets. The ear pieces were cut out and shaped (not 100% happy with them, but its a start!), they are "snuggly" secured with flathead screws. The rubber head band also loosely attached. The blue dots on the forehead area are just rare earth magnets wrapped in painters tape which help in temporarily holding the pieces in place.

imagejpg7_zps5e433eca.jpg

imagejpg9_zps86a395f1.jpg

Got a package of goodies to begin working on! The latest AM Kit!! Feeling Psyched!!

imagejpg4_zps37ea2240.jpg

Along with another bucket, but I may just save this one for later since I already started on the other one.

imagejpg1_zps5c9e8ada.jpg

Edited by tjr2d2

Picked these up at the local "Depot".

imagejpg2_zps9e85e733.jpg

Not pictured (see disclosure on first post!) a set of BCG under suit top and bottoms. Currently looking into TK Boots any suggestions??

Picked this up from a seller off the ol' EBay. Pretty good job, the lights and sounds worked right out of the box! :) It will do for now until our budget improves and I can invest in a quality weapon/kit. At least this one I will not be shy to lend to kids while trooping.

imagejpg1_zpsce8ba10c.jpg

imagejpg2_zps6203e0d8.jpg

Fast forwarding a bit, here is the bucket after a few layers of novus to shine up the dome a bit. As well as my first attempt at hand-painting the decals. Shout out to Clint aka cm325i for lending me the paints and templates to follow! Thanks a bunch Clint, you rock Brother!

as you can see It is still a work in progress. Lots of cleaning up/fixing up to do.

imagejpg4_zpsa36732a8.jpg

imagejpg3_zps688f9328.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsd5d9378f.jpg

imagejpg6_zpsd12e5920.jpg

imagejpg8_zps8be4cb6b.jpg

Don't forget to paint the screw heads white

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roger that! Will do. Thank you for the reminder! :) Edited by tjr2d2

You've got some good looking work done there trooper, and in such a short time span. Looking forward to watching your build.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to update, I've been working on the thigh and shin pieces as of late.

So I took the pieces, measured off roughly 11mm from the outside edge and then marked it with a pencil then scored them with my exacto knife and snapped off the remainder...it went something like this:

image.jpg3_zpsyhnteanc.jpg

image.jpg6_zpstpbuu3i5.jpg

After snapping off the plastic remainder I used some of it as a joining strip on the insides of the thighs and shins for a little stability, with the help of some clamps, tape and rare earth magnets wrapped in some tape.

image.jpg5_zps6xyhqkyo.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsijvm85tp.jpg

After all that was done, I just cut some finishing strips for the outside and attached them using the same tape, magnet, clamp method, the only exception here is I'm using E-6000 clear adhesive and not the other glue (weld-on/771 ABS/the milky looking stuff!)

image.jpg1_zps0dinoefl.jpg

image.jpg2_zpst7wo1unn.jpg

Looking good! I especially like your helmet. I might try out some novus on my armor - I like that shine.

Thank You Grimez, I appreciate it! That novus stuff works like a charm! Easy to use too.