Deactivated Sterling to E-11 Blaster......I hope.

Artshot

The phrase "Proceed with caution" is normally my Red Button, however after poking at a few parts, I have the feeling that the deactivation may have affected some of the internals and stopped them from moving without a struggle, a struggle I am going to avoid :)

Great photo, I originally went to college to study technical illustration so it brought back a lot of memories, got to love those exploded views.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/4/2015 at 2:11 PM, usaeatt2 said:

Nice work, Art.  Being a metal worker, I prefer the look of the raw steel.  I've found the hardest part to clean well without disassembly is under the folding stock locking plate (inside the forward grip area).  There are years of gook and grime packed under that plate.  Just for kicks, here's a shot of the trigger group completely disassembled...reassembly is not for the timid.  You need three hands to position the disconnector while applying pressure to the sear and sliding in the pin to hold it all together.  Proceed with caution if you decide to disassemble and let me know if you need help - I've done a few of these!

Aaron

is there a replica of this trigger group made of resin or plastic or aluminum?