Bucket parts question

Kath

Hi. (while i am awaiting relpy from the AM maker (via email couple weeks ago and access to the for sale section) i thought i might ask if anyone could help me with some information. 
I recently bought a TK kit off a garrison mate and being a TK noob i didn't notice a few things missing. In emails he said he thinks that it was everything i needed to make the helmet - the stuff from trooperbay. 

14022685289_9fbd4c2454.jpg

This is what i got. This is what i'm told is the AM kit but the Chin item is missing (think its called a vocom) and the ear ranks. Does anyone know if its possible to get parts to finish it or if i just wasted some money. Yes this is the picture shown to me and yes I didn't do all the research i should of so I do not think of it as being scammed ($50). Before i attempt to get my money back wanted to see if i could continue with my plan to get a TK bucket (for collection purpose)

Edited by Kath

The parts you are looking for will be hard to find, since this bucket has not been made in a couple of years. Maybe, you can be lucky and get them from AM or e-bay (usually we would tell you to stay away from the Bay of E). You will also need a pair of Mic Tips that you can get from Keith or Sskunky in the ongoing for sale thread. But, this helmet will not be 501st approved. I don't think you should invest in it, unless you just want to put it as a display.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

That's an interesting one.  Something to play around with for the kiddos and it's always nice to practice on something before the real deal!   If you were out anymore than 50 I would say ship her back;  parts may take some digging to find.  

Edited by Tusken RTT

That's an interesting one; has those big dimples in the middle of the tube stripe area also. Something to play around with for the kiddos and it's always nice to practice on something before the real deal! If you were out anymore than 50 I would say ship her back; parts may take some digging to find.

This is the same as the FX bucket. The difference between the FX and AM was the dome. AM was smaller, the rest, all the same.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

I searched for ages to find pieces for my first FX helmet, still not found some of the pieces, I ended up casting my own rank bumps from another lid I had and used those, for one set, and ended up getting a set of normal ears from a rt rob I think in the states anyway, and using them as I just couldn't get the normal fx ears, mine is just sat on my shelf so I wasn't bothered about time it took to make, plus iv painted it into an incinerator trooper now anyway

Hum Maybe i should attempt to sell it for parts or return it... Hard to return something you bought off a garrison mate. 

Make a lamp out of it :)

The FX helmet is also no longer approvable under the current costume requirements. 

-Eric

Make a lamp out of it :)

The FX helmet is also no longer approvable under the current costume requirements. 

-Eric

Maybe! I just wanted a Bucket to have for fun and not be a TK but if i cant finish it i wont have a helmet. 

You could get some of this stuff-http://www.jbweld.com/product/j-b-plasticweld-putty/

It's a putty that hardens just for plastic, you can sand it to make it smooth but if you take your time putting it on it can start off pretty smooth.  Then paint and you are all set.  

The vocoder would be very easy with this stuff, the ear ranks would take a little more time but very doable as you are painting both anyway.