Posting etiquette and neck seal questions

My husband and I are new to this forum.  We have our TK armor on order.  As I am not a protocol droid, I am unsure of the etiquette for asking questions here.  Should jump on someone else's thread with a similar question or start my own thread?   (Please feel free to advise about that.)  My question is about neck seals and where I can obtain one.  Suggestions?

Most all the info you will ever need is on the site. I generally search for key words first, but when in doubt, just start a new post with your question. Someone will point you in the right direction. That being said, the commissary will have pretty much everything you need to complete your costume. I personally use this neck seal, but there are a couple of other options out there....

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21385-darmans-neck-seals/

• Like 1

My husband and I are new to this forum.  We have our TK armor on order.  As I am not a protocol droid, I am unsure of the etiquette for asking questions here.  Should jump on someone else's thread with a similar question or start my own thread?   (Please feel free to advise about that.)  My question is about neck seals and where I can obtain one.  Suggestions?

In the ongoing sales forum, look at the stickies. There is a post in there about a combined on-going accessories listing. There you can find links to all of the ongoing sales on he forum.

As to the etiquette... search, research, and if you have troubles, ask in a thread. When you are ready, you can also setup a WIP thread that you can house all of your questions in one place, and get help during your build, show photos and so on from your build. We all love to live vicariously through others and their builds!

• Like 1

What I can suggest is to make a build thread for you and ask all your questions.  You can ask questions in other threads, but if you concentrate on your own it will be easier for you to have a global view on your build and don't lose important informations (sometimes it's hard to find something when you don't know where to search), and it will be another example of build that other new members can consult in the future.  All of your questions and answers will be at one place.  In the same way, take the time to read the build threads of other members, so you will find A LOT of good advices and useful pictures.

It's just a suggestion, but of course you can do something different  :)

Edited by Spycee
  • Like 1

Not sure what a "WIP" tread is, nor how to 'build' one.  Sorry, all.  I'm VERY green at both costuming and 'treading'.  :blink:

WIP is "Work In Progress"

It is a thread you can call your own that you can post your progress building your suit, questions specific to your suit, build questions, accessories questions, anything and everything relating to your build can go in there and you will get people that come back over and over again to help you as well as new people stopping in to add things.

• Like 1

What armor have you got on order? 

As most armor is built pretty much the same way you should check out other peoples build threads http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/ (ANH linked there) and also EIB/Centuron threads http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/ but you can also specifically look at the same maker as yours. Most people list their maker in the title to make it easy to look for.

Good luck, and make sure you post your Build Thread when that gorgeous brown box arrives (or beforehand if you've started accumulating stuff already). 

• Like 1